Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kelly Roy {Southern Maine Photographer}

I have a mix today!! Not one of Mrs. Potters famous snack mixes (pretzels, goldfish & popcorn) that she gives to the kiddos and has made popular in my house, but a mix of sessions!

Lets start with Edie. She won me at an auction! So fun to give back to the community and I'm always so flattered when someone bids on my work! Photographing families is why I do this. You can probably guess that there are a few of her kids in the same grades or classes as a few of mine...that's how we got to know each other...her four, my four, and our mutual friend Kendra who has almost seven....it was inevitable! Thank you for choosing me, Edie....I always enjoy chatting with you!

The last two weekends, I have held my annual Christmas special at the studio and here is a shot from one of the sessions. It used to be one day during this season but when the first date booked and I had so many still calling in for a spot, I decided to add a day. I think I will share some of these in the coming days too as I am still proofing them and each session is unique. It was so fun....I always look forward to this time of the year as I get to catch up with some of my favorite clients!
So..Ms. Marleigh is growing in every way. She's four now you know and that means she speaks a little more clearly, she's "big" now and when the man at Lowes stops her to mention what a beautiful "barrette" she has in her hair, she's mature enough to correct him that: its not a barrette, it's a headband...that Makenna wore to school yesterday but today is her turn today and she really likes it because its shiny...but its not a circle one....a circle ones go all the way around her head, this wide headband is curved like a "c"....she removes the headband and is demonstrating this to the poor man who only stopped to pay a compliment....she continues....."and sometimes it hurts my head where it ends, it digs into my skin behind my ears BUT that's okay because I really, really like it." The sweet man looked at me with wide eyes and laughed. I think she made his day!


When we returned home, she was writing on her Tinkerbell dry erase board. She gave poor Tinkerbell a new look and then came to me holding it up and pressing it towards me...."look mom, a turkey!" Sure enough.......I was shocked....sometimes her drawings are not easy to identify...but gosh, this one for sure is! I had to share it on the blog....(nope, that's not the headband she had on at Lowes)
As I type my blog this morning, she is laying under my desk patting the leg of my fluffy flannel jammies repeating, "mom, I really love your jammies". I know Christmas is coming but 'll never buy her a pair.....I much prefer she pat mine!



For school, Cameron had to write a 50 word description of a character in a book he's reading. I love how he writes so I asked him to do a 50 word description of me. He smiled a HUGE smile and walked away. A bit later, he came to me reciting this.......
Person: MOM!!!

Very nice, blonde hair, green eyes, cozy, 41 years old, totally awesome, shopper, loves to watch us play sports, very funny. Loves to go to the beach and loves to go on photo shoots. Loves to go to Disney and a lot of other trips too. Hates to pay bills.

50 words....exactly!!
I'm blessed.
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter