Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Playing Catch-up: {Southern Maine Photographer}

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job? I feel so blessed for the people that come into my life through this little business of mine. I sit here days after a session editing and reliving the time I spend with each person and think Im one lucky girl that they trust me with their memories! It's an honor, thank you!

Shelly's husband, Shawn, was one of my younger brother's friends growing up. I was thrilled to see him after so many years and that he's doing so well...with a beautiful wife and two of the most adorable boys! I must admit that editing Shelly's session I felt pride in the photos I captured...simple background so that the focus is on my subjects and how they feel about being together.


This one makes my heart smile every time I look at it....shot while mom got the baby situated, to me this is priceless and needs no words.

I'll admit, I did set up this shot (the pose) but the way they interacted naturally....its all them!

And if you can stand one more bit of cuteness.....
Shelly & Shawn, thanks for trusting me with your memories!! I hope you like your photos!

As for me, I'm sick. I have a chest cold that took my voice away on Halloween, then I got it back only to be blessed with an irritating cough. I took some cold medicines and now I feel them kicking in. Its time to kiss my babies, water the dog (that's what we call taking him out to pee) and turn down the house lights. I love bedtime.....

Before I go, I wanted to update on how its going with Marleigh being off to preschool a few mornings a week. It didn't take me long at all to adjust to having a few hours to myself!! You all assured me...I knew it myself (having done it three times before) but I can honestly say that I know she's happy and it makes me so happy! I know she's in good hands with Mrs. Potter (whose session Im going to BLOG for you in the next few days)! The first day, I cried, not for her absence, for the absence of babies in my house. I called my loving husband to express how much I'd like...no needed another baby so I didn't have to go through this hurt. He was right, I'd get over it without another pregnancy. I love him.

Goodnight friends,
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter