Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blessings {Southern Maine Photographer}

I'm SO SORRY! I failed to post this update! The day after my last post I got "THE" call that I'd been waiting for. Lindsay was going into labor and I was honored to shoot the birth!

Lindsay and Mark have a very touching story. They had a son, born still about 18 months ago. They named him Noah and he was lovely...... I did not know them then, I've only seen his photos through the lens of another photographer who donates his time for NILMDTS. You see, Noah's birth brought forth a movement created by his parents and a wonderful nurse named Kathy who works at the hospital where he came into this world. One year ago, here in the State of Maine, babies born still at birth were not given birth certificates, only death certificates. Mark, Lindsay and Kathy brought this information to the powers that be in our capitol and worked diligently to change the laws so that even babies born still are legally "born" and now parents are entitled to a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth. Their slogan was powerful "Born still, but still born". There's a page on facebook that could use more fans: Pregnancy Loss, Stillbirth and Infant Death Alliance. If you've got a minute, we could use the exposure. (thanks!)

So obviously, the birth of their second son, Asher James, was a welcome sight to all who were present. Even the doc admitted the emotions were high in that room and we all cried happy tears for them!

So here they are.....can you stand the love here? Marks tattoo is of Noah's footprints.

Lindsay & Mark, thank you for wanting me to be part of this special time in your lives! Kathy, it's always a pleasure working with you (we are a great team)!
Readers, I know you'll love this tidbit of info too.....Lindsay blogs and if you need to fill your days with more reading material because I've been so lax, you can find her beautiful words here: (Lindsay's blog) You'll love her words, she's a writer and it's much better than anything you could read on this ole rag!
I am incredibly blessed for all the lives that have touched mine through this business! I have my awesome husband to thank, he is the one who broke down and purchased me that first camera!
I know my gal-pal Kendra is waiting patiently to see photos of her new baby. I promise to update tomorrow for her!! Just wait....another great story!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter