Monday, March 22, 2010

First things first!! {Southern Maine Photographer}

First of all...Im happy its Monday! I was without my pc all weekend and I have to send out a huge thank you to my pc guy and old friend, Scott! My pc has been running slow and I just didn't realize how slow until he returned with a new and improved version of it yesterday (I was shooting all day so didn't get to really play with it until last night and this morning). I feel like I'm moving at lightening speed and the editing is soooo much better now!! A million thanks, Scott....who calls me the minute I text him!! Need a pc guy and live local to me, contact me and I'll share him with you!!!

I will be updating my blog more often again. I will start by going back over the last few weeks to show highlights of all the sessions I have been working on but wanted to start with this happy face!!! Isn't he funny! His name is Berkley and he's full of personality. He smiled at me....he he!

I've had a pretty busy slow season!! Usually the first few months of the year are filled with housekeeping I've ignored for too long, organizing my office and work flow and not to mention the preparations that turn everything upside down again during tax season but I've been shooting lots. If you're on facebook, please look at my business page (I'd love it if you'd become a fan while your there!!) for updated images! You'll see them all here in the next few days too but if you just can't wait, you'll find me there under Kelly Roy Photography! Thanks!!

This weekend we were on the go with hockey games. It was tournament weekend and we watched Cam win one and lose one. He loves the game and its a pleasure to watch the teamwork and good sportsmanship the coaches teach the kids.
I will start revisiting my days with Marleigh as they are still as fun and sometimes challenging as ever! I miss blogging....it kept my eyes open daily for something to write about and my mind sharp as work on the writing part of it. Not that I think I'm a good writer, but surely I want to sound somewhat intelligent!

So here it is....the latest shot of my four. Every year I take one of them back-to as the fight to get the perfect face on everyone is not easy. I started this a few years ago and have tried to make it tradition. Usually I go for a field or old road in the summer months (may still do that) but the other night I had them all in the studio and I love the shot of my girls hugging each other with their bare shoulders showing....so thought I'd try for this thinking the boys might buck the idea (like their father was at the time). "I am an artist!" I expressed to Jean as I asked all four to remove their shirts.....(he told me it was strange and odd but Im the one with the vision so I pressed on as if he wasn't even there). The girls thought it was great fun to be shirtless again...the boys were sort of silly and started wrestling and pinching at each other. If you think the boys were bothered by the presence of their shirtless sisters....not at all....its something they see regularly in this home...it was the fun of being shirtless in the studio that made the sillies come out! I love this shot and will have it big on one of my walls at home!
To wrap up this post I have to comment on Marleigh's reaction to this photo. Her words..."It looks like Branden has boobs on his back" and "Look at my princess hair, its really long, huh?!" She doesnt get to see that side of herself often!

Enjoy your day!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter