Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Im gonna meet "Rain Man" Kim Peek!!!

My friend Maureen Dow has created a foundation in her parents name "Mary and Willard Dow Foundation". The foundation is designed to help families with autism and other disabilities. More information on Maureen and her foundation here: http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080110/NEWS/801100384&emailAFriend=1

She has arranged to have Kim Peek the original "Rain Man" (more information in this You Tube link): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2T45r5G3kA and his father Fran come and speak several times this week. I was asked to photograph a few of the events and am so honored to help! Kim is AMAZING!!!! You have to watch this link and just see for yourself. I am completely amazed at his dad and Im just as excited to meet him - he's 80 years old and is his son's personal caretaker.

My friend and fellow photographer Joanne Lee (my studio roommate) is going to help me with the shooting and I wanted to send a big thanks to her for generously giving us her time and talents to help out with this. She didn't bat an eye, never hesitated a second when I asked for her assistance. I know Joanne has a special connection with children with autism and works closely with a school that works with children with disabilities. Im sure this event will be special to her too. (So happy to share it with you, Jo).

I'll post pics!!!

Have a super day!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Sitemeter