Saturday, January 5, 2008

A new year...new things to come

I wrangled my clan together to try and get just one good photo for my mom. We were updating her picture wall and its just so hard to be the photographer and in the photo - but we managed. Marleigh is the tough one - she just doesn't want to sit. But..here we all are.

My Marleigh (2) is the funniest person ever right now. She's very into eating ice cream and thinks any flavor is wonderful. If you ask her what she's eating when she's eating it, she tells you "coffee ice cream", not just ice cream. Also very cute, if you call her Makenna she will tell you "Im not Makenna, I Mar-LEIGH". Jean has always intentionally called them by the wrong name to see their reactions...started with Cameron and he has continued it.

Jean...he's such a great man. He's been working so hard on an ice rink in the back yard for the kids. Just as soon as he gets a good base, it rains and then snows on top of if :( Its sorta frustrating! The other night we had a big storm and all the trees were sagging from the snow. He had the spot lights on out there and it really was beautiful to see. I attempted pictures but my flash wont go far enough to get a descent picture - you cant see the "wonder of it all". I hope it all comes together soon so they can use the rink and his efforts don't go for nothing.

STUDIO NEWS: After all the hustle of the Christmas season and that lull of almost boredome after it all, I am ready to get back to the studio. I am going to have a Valentines special and will be sending out an email with all the details. I will post them here too. I have a few ideas rolling around in this empty space inside my head and I hope to find a few models to use for advertising.

On the Valentines note, if you know of any adults who would like a special session for their significant other, I'd really like to talk to them. The first to contact me will get a free session and a free 8x10 of their favorite photo. I would take tasteful photos...not boudoir...Suggestions: Women: jeans and his favorite shirt and maybe there are a few men who would like to do something for their wives...jeans and T's or whatever she prefers you in to show off your best assets. If you aren't the first caller, I'm going to have special pricing for the second and third people who call me too.

I've been taking lots of candids of the kids these last few weeks. I love that I have time for that!! I'll see what I can find for photos to update this page.

Oh, I found one....this is Hunter. He is my cousin's new baby boy and just a sweetie! I look forward to watching him grow and hope they will allow me to capture his first year. Look how tiny he is in his daddy's hands.....so sweet...(yes, gives me the baby bug...Jean says no more!)



Before I tossed the gingerbread houses away, I thought taking them out into the new fallen snow for a few photos would be a great way to enjoy them later.




Peace and love!
Kelly

No comments:

Sitemeter