Monday, January 21, 2008

Its the little things.....








I want to encourage you to take more pics. Just do it! Most of my friends know that the loss of my dad (he was only 42) impacted my life very much. I try hard to see everything in a positive light. People say to me "I don't know how you do it" (four kids and two businesses is what I think they mean) and I honestly dont know how you can't! I love doing it all. If I dont enjoy it, I try hard NOT to do it. I haven't seen the movie "The Bucket List" but it sure sounds like how I feel about life. Its too short to wait. You need to find what makes you happy and just do it! I LOVE being with my kids and even just hanging out in our jammies on a chilly winter day is our idea of a good time. I love to see them run outside to enjoy the little chunk of ice we have in the yard to play hockey on. (Branden combined the jammies and hockey today - and Makenna is sporting the latest in girl's hockey attire - that's my idea of childhood). Then they come in and have hot cocoa. Ahhh the memories they are creating! They are only little for a very short time and we forget the little everyday things. So I want to encourage you to get out your camera, get on your knees (taking photos at a kids level will give an excellent perspective) and take photos of who they are - today!! This is what Marleigh does when she's watching TV. She smells her favorite blanket. I snuck up on the girls playing Ring Around the Rosie.


If you're not a big scrapbooker, then I recommend making a folder on your desktop and save your favorite photos to it. (copy them from the original upload folder). Log on to Snapfish or Shutterfly and spend an evening just putting them into one of their photo books. You wont regret it!!!! Even your guests will enjoy looking through your coffee table style books. You dont need to put them in order, its almost more fun to look at an array of photos with winter and summer mixed throughout the book. Try to choose just your favorite one or two from each little session.


So I challenge you all to follow your family for a day and just take the pics of the things you would not typically photograph. The ones where they arent even looking at you are going to be the ones that you love the most.


Have a great day!!! Stay warm!

No comments:

Sitemeter