Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hump Day Update....

I can't believe its Wednesday already! Today I must attend to my regular housework, laundry and work. I completely enjoyed the distraction this weekend and needed the rest and time with my family. We escaped to camp for the long weekend and then yesterday was my Birthday. My hubby is the best, he takes my birthday off and sees to it that the days focus is on me...who could ask for more than that?


This year, my birthday went a bit different. A few weeks ago, the swine flu closed my children's school for a week and I was forced to reschedule some of my appointments...Mrs. Potter's Preschool was on my schedule that week and I felt horrible cancelling. Because their school year is a bit shorter than the rest of the school system, she mentioned they had an end of year party at the beach and asked if I'd like to photograph the kids on-location! Well YAH!! I love on-location and as much as I'd love to show the individual shots...there are too many and seriously...just showing a few would NOT be fair so I chose to show her group shot instead. Isn't this a fun school photo?

I had lunch at the Olive Garden (that's the fanciest place Marleigh could dream up to celebrate my day...just the three of us while the other kids were at school), throughout the day, I got loads of well wishes on my facebook (came through on my Iphone) and then my mom showed up with a lovely card stuffed with greens just for me! It was an awesome day.
I still do my gram's hair weekly (we call her Minnie). Thursday when I was there, she was getting ready for Soup & Seniors, a luncheon at her church. Its the last one for the summer months and then they resume again over the winter - its so great because it gets them all out to socialize during the toughest months of the year. I just thought she looked so pretty in her navy blue outfit, I asked if I could have a photo. Her home is where she grew up and I knew I wanted a photo of her on the front steps. I wish I'd stepped back to snap a full shot of the house.....maybe this week I'll do that! Isn't she beautiful?? I'm so proud of how well she takes care of herself!! She just had another birthday...I think she's 83 now! I hope I got her genes with that full head of hair and gorgeous skin! The harsh sun was a beast to deal with but I'm happy to have this photo of her.


Here's my favorite subject to photograph.......her daddy got her swing hung up for her this weekend, she was in her glory....I loved how her dress matched it....

I took this one while we were at Minnie's. This face is nailed to the tree and Marleigh was intrigued with the eyeballs.....just thought it was a cute capture.... her baby book is going to be stuffed with so many fun adventures!!!
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter