Friday, July 10, 2009

Go back, go back, go back.......

Today is day two of sunshine...beautiful, drink-it-in kind of sunshine and temps near 80 inland. But....I'm going back to days of rain.....since we've had so much of it lately, I had to embrace it and try to see the positive.....

The kids just wore their bathing suits all day and played in the downpours as if they were sprinklers....

they continued to enjoy their summer Meemie days.....in the pool....hey, gonna get wet anyway! (this is my silly nephew Chase....who doesn't mind being in front of my camera!)

......and this is his good-looking older brother Scott.....he's got "cool" hair....

and my Cameron got a little chilly but didn't stop smiling at the fun they were having.....

A local church built an arc........it made me giggle each time I drove by in the pounding rain so I finally decided to stop so I could share it here.....I didn't get out of my car even though just as I got there, the rain slowed to a pitter-patter....it had been "driving" rain that day.
Recent Session:
Yesterday I had the honor of photographing this beautiful baby....born to two beautiful people (don't you love it when good people have babies and contribute to the goodness in this world of ours!) He's two months old and ran the show, that's why I try to rope them in before they are 14 days old and discover they actually have a say in what's going to happen during our time together. But we waited him out and he smiled and cooed sweetly.

My studio was chilly (to be expected after days of dark and gloomy weather) so mom wrapped him in a black blanket to warm him back to "pink". He looked so cozy and content....
....there's nothing like the look of a new mom holding her little miracle......

Laura, thanks for calling on me.....I loved our time together and your little man is lovely!!!!

Enjoy!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter