Tuesday, September 29, 2009

An awesome season! {Southern Maine Photographer}

Today I brought my little sweetie to sneak a peek at her preschool! There was so much anticipation looming for this day to get here and then about one hour before we were to depart, she felt "tired" and talked of how she'd miss me too much. Its hard enough for me to grasp the idea that my kids are growing up. (I'll follow that statement with the fact that I do appreciate every second of their growth and with all my heart I promise to embrace the little things and document them as best I can so that when they are older, we'll all remember the good times). I see the emotion and nostalgia in the eyes of the parents of the HS seniors I am working with and when I hear them say "it goes too fast" (no matter the age, as a parent you say this....gosh do we love our children or what?) and I want them to know that I take that advice to heart and embrace these days while I'm still in control of what they eat, who they befriend and where they are at all times of the day. I can't imagine the heartache of watching them go off to college....the mixed emotions of pride and fear. Mom to mom, I totally get it!!i

So as we left preschool and were making our way to the car, Marleigh, skipping along with her blonde hair swinging side to side, happily asked "tomorrow will you leave me here.....all by myself?" I replied "yes" to which she jumped higher and said "YAY, I can't wait to play with my new friends". sigh.......

Liz, (another mom who was feeling the pain of watching them grow this morning) thank you so much for the invite for breakfast after drop-off tomorrow.....I think I'm gonna need it!
ONE of my favorites:
Not a day goes by when I don't think about how lucky I am to be doing something I love so much! I get to be creative but more than anything, its the people I'm meeting!!

This is Chris.....full of personality and charm. He was so much fun to work with and his kind words on our ride home from the session made my day....he immediately became one of my favorite seniors this season! I started directing this post about him to you, the readers, and then I erased what I'd written in hopes he reads this part.....Chris, you are an incredibly likeable young man. I hope your senior year is fabulous but more than that, I wish you much success in your future.....stay happy!


Laurie, you did a great job raising this boy! Thank you for contacting me!

I'm closing now as the boys need to be delivered to practice and I'm off to enjoy the company of another HS senior! I probably won't be sharing as many of their photos on the blog as the deadlines are getting closer and I'm rushing to get the sessions edited and into online galleries so timing-wise, there isn't much for editing for the blog. I will continue to blog the other stuff I have going on and I'm hoping to get back to the routine of posting my life here again.

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter