Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I live in an awesome town! {Southern Maine Photographer}

This is Rawley (cool name, huh?). He's a local senior and when chatting with his dad about his session, he mentioned Rawley might like to have photos taken with his mini cooper. I'll admit, I got a little excited about the challenge it presented...its really not a big car so I wasn't sure about the poses I might try. When we met, no cooper! I asked why he didn't bring it and Rawley said it was too dirty....I gasped "NEVER"! Its okay....things have a way of coming together.

While taking a few shots in front of these amazing trees that overhang the road, I heard a car behind me...as it passed I couldn't help but watch (and photograph) Rawley's reaction to the vintage cooper that was passing him by. I couldn't have planned a better shot.....

Here are a few on our tour of town.......
This is what happens under the bridge....
He chose to stand near the blue man.....I thought standing under the halo would be neat....we only just met so I don't know if he's an angel or not. :)
Dave, thanks so much for calling me! Rawley, I really appreciated that you had your own ideas about what you wanted!! I had a great time and hope you guys did too!


HOME:
Its the second week of school and I feel I need to update what's going on around here.


Branden already has a "girlfriend" (he did on day 4). That's all I'm going to say about that for now as I'm mixed about the whole thing.


Cameron is grouchy. The start of school is toughest on this child of mine. He's overtired and already hates doing homework. Evenings are a struggle so we are opting to wake him earlier to get the work done while his mind is fresh but he's still having to wear a patch to correct his amblyopia so asking both of him in the early hours is a lot to ask! Both boys are enjoying the football season and I find myself anxiously waiting for the return of normal evenings in my house. They practice two hours 5-7 while I am off shooting seniors in the perfect light. Its tough as Jean has to pick up the slack for all four kids, toting the girls to the practices. Its a short time and we'll make it through!


Makenna has been asked to be part of the LL Bean catalog! I was so excited for her! The boys have done it and had such fun with the experience, I knew she'd have a good time too. When she got home from school, I shared the news....her reply, "NOOOOOO, not pictures all day!" (See, I make it look easy to photograph them) as she stormed to her room. Her reaction brought Cameron and Marleigh into the room chanting that they'd do it instead! Then I overheard Cam explaining how she'd get her own money in her bank account and finally would be catching up to how much he and Bran have saved. I guess there's always a motive. Next, Cam appeared in my doorway stating, "Mom, she wants cash, not one of those check things!" I thanked him for his help!


Marleigh is enjoying her mommy & me time (okay, it's me enjoying it and brainwashing the kid that we have the most fantastical time together) While driving to grams to do her hair yesterday, Marleigh called to me....I looked up at her in the rear-view mirror to wait for her reply...with a smile she said: "Umm, its just you and me, huh?" sigh


I'm edting like crazy today and then another senior session tonight.
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter