Sunday, June 14, 2009

Found: Baby bird.......

I love the innocence of baby birds......that's what started me on this whole blogging daily thing!! Some may remember my series where I followed the birds each day, updating them for Cameron's class to follow....that was fun. I did make the story into a small paperback picture book and now I've misplaced it :( I'll find it again....


Last week, Branden and his pal Sean were waiting for the bus and found this guy flopping through the woods. They thought he was injured so put him in a bucket and brought him to me for suggestions on what to do. His wings were very wet so I figured that might be his problem with taking flight....I knew he was old enough to be hopping from limb to limb but the boys said he was just flopping on the ground like he fell out of his nest. I gave him some time to dry off in the bucket and then took him back to the woods and released him. Its so cute how the community of birds just flocks around chirping as if to encourage him to fly.
He's cute though, huh?


Well, only time for a quick post as I get to editing some sessions that need my immediate attention.


Before I close, I just wanted to send out best wishes to all the graduating seniors.....the ones I did photos for especially but also their friends and families. Its a big deal.....such a turning point in life. My very best wishes go out to my niece Lindsay...a beautiful girl, both inside and out. We are so proud of her! I know she'll be successful....you can trace her goodness right back to her parents, who are the best in my opinion!! Ray is Jean's brother and his wife Doreen and I hit it off the first time we met. I'm so thankful for them.....its not everyday when you have to approach someone with a question like this: "If something should happen to Jean and I at the same time and the kids are left without us, would you take them all so they won't have to be separated?"....without hesitation, Doreen responded with "Yes, no problem, we love them and we'll always have room for them!" Doreen, I hope you know now how much that meant to me.......its a peaceful feeling, thank you!!

Enjoy!!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter