Sunday, June 28, 2009

Seriously.....

I know you want to gobble her right up........I can't say I blame you one bit.....for me its hard to resist!

Weekends in summer are spent at our campsite.....we have fabulous friends that draw us there and the memories we are giving our kids is the main reason for our regular retreats.

Marleigh likes the swings and this merry-go-round. I watched her from a distance, just resting like this....her "best big boy-friend", Cameron (a powerful, newly licensed, 16-year-old) whipped that saucer around so fast and she just stood there poised and beautiful.....I couldn't resist the urge to grab my camera. I asked Cameron to stop long enough for me to jump on for a ride...I sat opposite Marleigh with my back uncomfortably braced against the pole. Cam pumped us up to speed again and I snapped the camera as much as I could stand. She looked comfortable and confident......and so relaxed....I felt envious of her......... .....it didn't last long.....I shrieked to stop as I was losing my balance, and required assistance from Cameron jumping off that wretched ride. I was dizzy and starting to feel nauseous but the thrill of the ride was a fond memory for me. I know how she does it...that was me.....loving every minute of my time on the tilt-a-whirl and if I had access to a merry-g0-round like this when I was her age, I'd have been there just as much!! She's my girl......

This one is just a closer crop.........to show her bracelet....its been passed down from my mom (Mary/Meem) to Makenna and now Marleigh. It's a simple heart bracelet with the letter "M" engraved on it and even if you don't ask, she'll share with you "it was my Meem's when she was my age and I love it".
I know....I'm crazy about her.....


Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Krysia said...

Marleigh is so stinkin' adorable, Kelly. Seriously, look at how grown up she looks!! So sweet.

Sitemeter