Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

Just keepin' it real....we are on a several day stretch of this rainy mess, I have only photos from older sessions to share today....but its okay....going back through them only makes me smile again!

We took the kids to a fishing derby...for me this was a first!! Usually Jean would take them so that I could have some quiet time for typing....can you tell I'm enjoying my break from the daily deadlines? Of course I brought the camera....it was a beautiful morning (Mainers, this is what sunny mornings look like, just in case you've almost forgotten!) The turnout of kids was amazing..it was catch and release and from where we were standing, the sun reflected perfectly through the water making all the fish visible! The kids would toss their poles with wiggly worms and the fish would just swarm to them, like you only see in the movies! (Makenna, my trendy girl chose a skirt and leggings for her fishing attire).
Branden had the most success....I think he caught three that day! He was the master at his game and the biggest he caught was 12 inches long.

I love this photo....I think because I was so impressed with how well he handled his fish after reeling it in....I hadn't witnessed him learning the process so when he knew exactly what to do with it, I felt proud as the man approached to measure it.

Here's the princess....dress and all.....poised in her throne...enjoying her first memory-worthy fishing adventure! She sat while we would cast for her and hand it back. If I remember correctly, she's asking me for something to eat in this photo (she's always wanting something to eat and spied a hot dog stand on the way in - they were free for the kids).
Finally it came, a beautiful sunfish....she was THRILLED!!
Kenna was next.......another sunfish.....just as she was growing bored of the waiting game.


Patiently, Cam waited for those fish to bite......he tried the section of pond to my left........
....then he tried the section to my right where the girls caught theirs....
He'd settle for a sunfish...a turtle would be great too....anything that bites....just a nibble would be nice......we could see them in the water....
.....but no such luck....


Don't feel sad for him...he didn't feel sad at all....he enjoyed the thrill of the hunt and trying all sorts of different techniques and lures.
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter