Thursday, June 11, 2009

The update I promised....

My project.

My house is small....but oh, so cozy! It needed a change...or rather, I needed a change. I decided to start with the cabinets and work my way through different projects. I painted them cherry red....and I love how they look. They bring brightness and cheer to my kitchen...the first place that welcomes my guests and the last place my family sees before they venture off for the day. It was a lot of work....but its almost done now so I thought I'd share this pic (crown molding to go at the top of the cabinets....hopefully tonight! Next....new counter tops and hopefully someday, new appliances.....Babe, are you listening?? :)
There's been so much in this last week - just no time for blogging. I must admit that I wonder how I ever found the time to blog daily.....and as I sit here doing it, I remember that just like exercise, making time to blog daily was good for me.....it takes my mind to places and memories and more importantly, I stay focused on what's important each day so that I can talk about it here the next day. I'll try to be better again.....I know having something to read with that cup of coffee in the morning is a good way to get started for some!


Last weekend we took the kids to the beach. I was meeting a friend there for a quick shoot and decided my kids would love to poke around for crabs and shells so decided to bring them along. (Note to self, its summer now, pack a towel in the car you never know when you'll end up at the shore) Jean and Branden were coming from a lacrosse game and met up with us there.....the skies were overcast but the temps were perfect. Father's day is coming....I think I'll frame this one for Jean....
or maybe this one.........(Marleigh's in a posing phase)

but since he is father to four.......maybe this one......(love Cam's rolled up pants..he's quirky about things...this is so him!)

here's a crab Branden found.....

personally, I like this one best!

Watching them grow is such a thrill....living with them through the changes...well....sometimes gives me angst. I see changes in Branden in just the last few weeks. I blame it on the end of school and anxiety to get to lazy days of sleeping in, lounging around the house and playing with pals in the yard but I think its something more...change is coming to my almost teenage son. He's absolutely the best son a mom could ask for.....kind, gentle and helpful. I know its hormonal and there's nothing he can do about it so I try to be patient. Sometimes, I'm not so fond of change.
Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

SnapshotsbyClare said...

You seriously have the most beautiful children!!! I love all the photos :)

Sitemeter