Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just a splash of summer......

Last year I waited too long to look for summer dresses because, evidently I was way off season...you must look for them in FEBRUARY!!!! While grabbing groceries at Walmart, Marleigh spied bright florals surrounded by ruffles and insisted we "check it out"! I was glad she did....sweet little splashes of summer for $6. We grabbed a handful because that's all she wears in the summer months. Once home, she tore them out of the bags, ripped the tags off and immediately tried each one on. I adore how thrilled she gets about things like this and told her that if she wore her jeans and a long-sleeved shirt under them, she was welcome to parade her new dresses around town as she accompanied me for errands. Here's my girl...following in her sister's footsteps with a style all her own...a summer dress, a denim jacket and a winter cap on a 30-degree day! But look at that happiness...........


You know you've got good friends when their kids are willing to help you out with a project that they have to drop everything to participate in.

I called Stephanie (she used to watch my kids in the summers and they all claim her grilled cheese sandwiches are THE BEST) to see if she would help me "practice" shooting a bride in the middle of the day in the snow! I had this dress (donation) and was just chompin' at the bit to get someone to stand in a snowy field for me! I loved how the trees were still packed with snow from the last storm and I just couldn't wait another day. Steph dropped everything and ran over to assist......she's lovely!!!!! Okay, this princess pose.....is to cover the picnic table behind her...but it works!!!
She totally faked it....you'd never know it was so CHILLY!

How lucky am I to have this beauty to call on????
Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely girls-- both of them. And how interesting to know you are Catholic-- I learn a little more all the time... xoxo, m

Sitemeter