Friday, February 20, 2009

Livin' with a Diva.....

There are moments in my day when I get this brilliant idea to charge admission for everyone to come and see my life with this little girl. She's got the biggest personality and brings so much joy to our home. Expecting her was a surprise....and finding out about her impending arrival on Christmas morning was most appropriate. A blessing in every way!


She's 3...its a hard age. I don't know who ever decided that twos were terrible....obviously THEY never lived with a three year old before making that statement. Three....a year for pushing boundaries and discovery. Learning you are a person and just like adults, you have opinions and feelings that need to be voiced. Ahh yes, finding that voice!! I would describe my Marleigh as: comical, boisterous, sensitive, emotional, happy, vibrant and a love bug. I think most who know her well would agree. She's not perfect......and to me, that makes her perfectly perfect. I look at her and think how lucky I am to be her mom, that some people think she looks like me and most of all, I love to hear my husband tell me how much she is like me! Really, I'm like that???...like that little Diva that runs around here in her cool Tinkerbell sun glasses sporting a tiny dancer style dress and looking like a million bucks even though she has blueberries smeared across her face and tousled hair that hasn't been combed in a day.


I really believe that the world would be a better place if every home had a Marleigh in it! I want to share her with everyone...but only for a limited time....she's mine....forever....this perfect little person. She comes to me to ask for help as I'm writing this...I'm engrossed in what I am saying so I don't turn to her immediate request for attention...she gently puts her hands on my cheeks and turns my face to hers...nearly nose-to-nose, she requests again "Mom, could you help me, please?" I button her brown sweater, ask if that's okay and she looks up to me and says "Thanks mom, now I'm cozy". SEEEEE what I mean.....she's totally edible!!!




Enjoy!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter