Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The birth of Mackenzie Rose

If you're my facebook friend, you got a sneak peek at these already....wink wink


A dainty little thing......even at 9.5 pounds and 22 inches long. I didn't know her parents before this day -only through one phone conversation and a few emails - they trusted me to capture this for them and I am truly honored!!! While we awaited Mackenzie's arrival, we had great conversation -swapping birth stories, family histories and discussing the name game. I captured several photos of Charlene working hard through her contractions, and then I watched her enjoy a break after the anesthesiologist gave her a dose of relaxation. As her body relaxed, the baby found her way into the world and we were all surprised by her size...born earlier than originally predicted!
I got an amazing birth shot of Daddy, David, assisting in the delivery! He has delivered several babies in his line of work as an EMT/firefighter but this one is by far the most special. (check out that umbilical cord!)
Her hospital hat was so cute - a little knitted sun bonnet, most appropriate for this sweet thing!

I was most touched when I heard the nurse announce that all of David's "brothers" from the fire department were waiting to see the baby less than two hours after her birth. They were by far the cutest bunch I'd seen - and so excited for David and Charlene.....it was heartwarming for me to see so many of them coming in support. Here's one for Mackenzie's baby book......
Thank you Charlene and Dave for having me as part of this very special day! I enjoyed my time with you and look forward to watching sweet Mackenzie grow!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter