Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hi......image overload as I recap.

I apologize for my absence....I have been extremely busy and "away" from the pc so much I started having withdrawals. I had my special last weekend and must apologize to my clients for not getting their photos online sooner...its not my style! I haven't really even been able to keep up with emails and have only had a few moments to update my facebook page. BUT....if you are my facebook friend, you've seen some of my more recent work as I try to put a few online for my clients to put in their profiles. (Remember, any photos on my blog or with my name on them are allowed on your facebook pages, desktops, myspace, etc....happy to share!)



I have had a few sessions lately that have challenged my photography skills. Some I was REALLY successful at and others...well, I did "good" and will work on honing them more.


Monday I photographed the arrival of Ms. Mackenzie - I shared those with you but here is a snap I took on Tuesday for her hospital photo....she smiled when her daddy spoke to her...
While there, I grabbed a few of her hard-workin' momma lovin' her up......
And her proud daddy giving her kisses.....

Tuesday: I photographed these for a local comedian, Steve Cloutier. He's a new to stand-up and trying to get his name out there. I took this shot (his idea) for a potential project that is to come later in the year.

This photo was my idea....just because if you know Steve...he's very humble and really doesn't think he's studly.......


Wednesday: I had my nephew, Tyler (almost 5 mos) and as much as I like to think I'm a supermom, I'm so out of practice with the babies!! I've given away all my baby stuff and don't have anything to accommodate him. I found that I just had to cuddle him the entire day to keep him happy, it was DREADFUL!! (snicker) I didn't even take the camera out of the bag this day...it needed a rest too!



Thursday: I was away for the entire day - My photog friend Melissa and I drove to Boston (2 hours from home) to attend the NILMDTS training seminar and Photoshop World Trade Show. We covered the gamut of emotions from excitement of the drive itself and the trade show to tears during the training videos (there is such a need for this service - it's a proven fact that the photographs help the parents with the grieving process - "There is no footprint too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"). I hope to spread the word more in this area about the organization in hopes to change peoples mindsets about having photographs of their precious children - no matter their condition - its not morbid....its a baby!



Friday: I was glued to my pc all day - editing the photos for my clients who attended the special. I never got out of my pajamas as working at my pc is way more comfortable in my flannels. I needed to be dedicated to my work and my sweet girl Marleigh accommodated me so well - we had frequent breaks to satisfy her cravings and so that I could adjust the babysitter (TV programs). I don't like admitting that I use the TV as a sitter - but Friday it was a necessary evil to help me get caught up.



Yesterday, Saturday, I had an early morning appointment with Master Jaden who is now 12 days old! It FLIES by!!! He was the first birth session I shared last week! I was so thankful Heather was patient with my timing as I usually like to have the newborns in my studio before 10 days old but my week was just not allowing for one more session! They got to see why - even at 12 days old, they are not as sleepy making these types of sessions a little more work for adults. We waited him out and it was SO worth it! Jason is an arborist so when I told him I'd seen a portrait like this with a baby suspended from a tree branch, his eyes lit up and "cool" fell out of his mouth....at first I thought he was just pacifying me and snickering behind my back that I was nuts....but he trusts me....this proves it! I hope his mom gets to see these - she's miles away in sunny Florida - I used to babysit for her and my relationship with Jason goes back to when he was just this size too! Its amazing how these things come full circle like this....of all the people I know, its just so appropriate that its Ja's baby I get this shot of.....I'm very proud (of the portrait and Ja!)


Can you stand this......such sweetness.......


Well, that's where I've been.......just busy days. I was feeling bad that my senseless chatter was getting a bit much so I decided to stop it for awhile and only share meaningful information. I may have to go back to the senseless chatter as I miss my blogging time....



Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter