Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Makenna's confusion.....

This morning she says to me "for some reason, at school they make me put an R at the end of my name and I don't know why". Me: "because your last name is Roy honey". Her reply: "oh, that makes sense".


Okay, we are better than halfway through the school year and this is just dawning on her. Poor girl, she's not as apparently clever as her male siblings and I'm afraid I am to blame! I have those moments too...just sheer stupidity! I remember being VERY young and during mass at church with timing as appropriate as any youngster, I was asking my mom how they knew boy babies from girl babies and she kept saying "think about it, you know". Seriously, I remember thinking......was it the eyes? Then when she told me they look under the diaper, I felt so incredibly stupid...I bet I didn't ask questions for a LONG time! I still have these brain cramps - and often its entertainment for Jean! I swear sometimes I'm totally out to lunch!

I'm holding hopes this child of mine has not gotten too many of my genes and has some book smarts! If not, at least she's a looker! (I'm totally kidding, she's a smart girl who is eager to learn to read!) I love my Kenna girl....she knows me best!


A few weekends ago Cam wrapped up his regular hockey season with tournaments. I attended a few of them - I so love to watch him play! I gave him strict instructions to play hard and get a goal for me.....which he did!!!! Here he is (red #17) smakin' it past the goalie...
I love how the sticks go straight up in celebration......

.....and the goal maker makes his way around the ice beaming with pride....

....his team congratulates him....

....he returns to box and waves at his momma....(I was too busy waving back and missed the wave but you can see he's watching me snap the photos).
I'm off for an appointment at the studio!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter