Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Revisiting.....

This morning I went looking for a few more prints to decorate Marleigh's bedroom walls. We repainted her room in a light beachy blue with matching sheers alternated with white....its simple and airy. I thought the photos from her third birthday session that we did on the beach last summer would be perfect. It was fun to revisit this session with the girls....seems going back to the photos makes you appreciate the ones you overlooked.

This was taken at a little pond before the girls and I ventured to the beach. You know, sometimes you make these treks hoping they will be memorable and often times the details just don't stick in the brain....but this day....just me and the girls venturing out....it was special. It was last minute and low-key. I know Marleigh adores wearing this dress so I knew she'd be cooperative for photos. When I arrived to check my balloon stash at the studio, there was helium in the tank and exactly three balloons that matched her dress perfectly (an odd purple/pink color). I had forgotten to bring a hair tie that day know the beach winds would be crazy but found a white one under all the JUNK in my car! Just one of those days where all the pieces fit together like a puzzle.

I think this photo looks better LARGE....are you able to click on it? I adore the movement in her hair and how her body is twisting as she runs down the beach. She was thrilled at the idea of having balloons on the beach to play with. Makenna was off the hook that day....only along for the ride and a chance to wear a pettiskirt and play with a balloon was what drew her in. Her relaxed look made for another fantastic print....why didn't I notice this shot back then?
Here's an updated photo of my Jacky boy. He's a great dog...and finally his fur is growing out some! I wasn't fond of that crewcut, maybe this summer, but certainly not in the winter months! I trimmed around his nose a bit so he could see....but I love the fluff!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter