Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Road to Boston

Melissa and I left early Thursday for our venture to Boston. I tucked my little pocket Canon ELPH in my purse as carrying my pro camera is too cumbersome for a seminar. We had a great time taking random shots (Melissa and I passed it back and fourth so these are a mix of both) and I decided to share them here for your viewing pleasure....

My view from the driver's seat as we waited in traffic on the bridge (yep, nerve wracking).....

The toll booth man....who was THRILLED to have his photo taken..

Another shot from the driver's seat - awesome to have this point of view, huh?

Magnificent sunshine...just about 8:45 AM


We don't have these tunnels in Maine.....

I had to have a shot of this for my boys....anything with a Pat's logo is a big deal here!

There's a rowing crew practicing in the water here - didn't even notice them there until I was cropping the photo.
Ahhhhh lovely city!!!

When you don't live in it every day, you really appreciate the beauty of the little things in the big city.

This guy had the right idea, the traffic was fast moving and frequent stopping....great shot Melissa! (poor thing had to tolerate my craziness I was screaming out "get this, get that, get the biker"!)
We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory - I had a picture of Melissa showing off the menus but decided she probably didn't want to be showcased on my blog...so I went for the photo of the pizza - it was so yummy (Yes Diane, I ATE THAT FOR LUNCH - Di knows I'm a fussy eater and typically would turn away from a pizza with huge tomato slices but I liked them cooked this way - I'm stepping out of my box!)
We had a slice of cheesecake to go and ate it when we returned to the seminar - I forgot to take a photo!!
So....that was our trip to Boston - just a variety of photos to share today...
Bloggy love....you know what it is, right? Comments...people who blog love the comments...it just lets them know there are people out there actually reading their words. Well, after Cameron's parent-teacher conference last night and noticing that both of my boys struggle with their writing abilities, I decided to encourage them to start a blog. Hoping that they would seek other blogs of interest and learn how to write more colorful and structured stories knowing that real people would read them. When I suggested it to them on the ride home, my gosh, they were so excited! I think the glamor of being "online" was the big draw. Right now its just introductions...but go have a look and stay tuned for updates...I hope they continue to write a little something as time passes - even if its not daily! Branden & Cameron's blog. If you do go, please take a second to leave them so bloggy love - Cam is thrilled that people can write to them too!
Happy Tuesday!
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter