Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Katie: Senior {Southern Maine Photographer}

Meet Katie....her first session with me got rained out. I did take a few shots in studio but since I have her location shots handy and am really excited about how cute she looks in them, I had to share these as my choices today. Katie, I'm sorry about the late post ... I'm sure you're anxiously waiting!

First, I shoved her in a bush......
then I asked her to kick her chair back like the students in study hall do......
we started here....a flower child...... (cute huh?)
a serious shot.....I always ask for this because NOBODY walks around smiling ALL day! :)
Katie, thanks for hanging in there with a split session - wasn't it fun to just run around??!! I hope you like them!

AT HOME:
The Roy house is hoppin' with lots going on. Branden is attending his first week away from home at a boy's summer camp! It's hard having him away ..... Cameron misses him most, I think...although last night Jean confessed without provocation that he was missing our boy. I get a little emotional when I think about his absence this week and the future....especially when I'm photographing all these seniors, knowing they will be moving on to the next phase of their lives one year from now!

Ms. Marleigh (who has discovered her independence in a big way this summer) is going to turn four next week. The heat we're experiencing lately reminds me of the days leading up to her birth and I'm shocked at how the time has passed so quickly.

Makenna has been my biggest helper this summer!! She cleans without me asking, attempts cooking but makes the best fruit salad ever and is eager to help me out with anything I ask. I can count on her and just saying that makes my heart happy.

Cameron has struggled this summer without a routine. He's had stomache aches and trouble sleeping when Bran is away but he's grown so much that new clothes for the start of school (yah, I haven't even started shopping yet) are a must this year! I still get regular hugs from him and I'm thankful each day he hasn't outgrow that!

Jean is a MAJOR help with all that I've had going on. We do prepare ourselves for this time of year as its always craziness! He desperately needs a haircut and unlike the chop job I gave the dog yesterday, I promise to take my time to make him look HOTT (this heat and humidity under his long hair now makes him look hot)!

Well, we're off for football practice now and then I have an engagement session!!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter