Friday, August 7, 2009

Senior Boys {Southern Maine Photographer}

A fellow photographer, Denise Dupuis, has completely jumped the fence and is doing exclusively wedding photography now so she's referred some of her portrait clients to ME! Thanks Denise for your kindness! Here is a story about one of those clients....

Poor thing had no idea what he was getting into when his mom signed up for a session with me. Senior sessions are fun....I love to jump into the car and just go, stopping along the way at a few places I've scoped out before or just stopping the car when I see something I think will be perfect for their personality. Getting to know someone comes pretty easy to me...I'm chatty (almost to a fault as I warned them there would never be awkward silence with me around...anyone who knows me personally is chuckling right now). As we were headed to the Kennebunk coast (he wanted beach but "different"), I asked if he'd like a shot in front of the Wedding Cake House....he didn't really reply so I continued my questioning and asking if he had even seen any of my other senior photos....he replied "nope" and I hope he was relieved when I told him the WCH was not really my "style".

Blogger is doing strange things to my photos but you get the idea.
I took several different perspective shots....
....and this one is just for him......thumbs-up is his "thing" and I wanted him to have one for his personal use. This makes me laugh!
Gail....I hope you like these shots of your boy......I had great fun with you guys!! Thanks much for calling me!


Last night my gal pals and I went to another show at the Ogunquit Playhouse. We saw Guys & Dolls starring Richard Kind....LOVED IT! Its always a good time there with my dolls!!


This weekend I have a few sessions on the books but mostly I'm looking forward to some R&R. I am fighting a wicked head cold and really look forward to kicking back on Saturday to visit with friends and family.
Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Denise Dupuis Photography said...

I love the one at the beach where Garth is "scooching down" with the rocks in the foreground. Nice job. I knew he'd be in good hands, Kelly! Thank you!

Sitemeter