Saturday, April 4, 2009

Brothers......

We're patiently waiting for Cameron's hockey tryouts to be evaluated and confirmed if he gets a spot on the travel team. I know my gal Laurie's boy got called up - Congrats Owen!! Cam's never played for a travel team before so he's finding the competition on the travel side of things a bit more intense...and he's lovin it! Next week will include at least one more night of tryouts as they try to fill the remaining slots - fingers crossed for my boy, he's working so hard these days! Today he played two games in a tournament that was a good hour drive from home, not worth returning here between games, Jean opted for spending time with his teammates and Cam was in his element. He scored two goals and two assists in the second game and came home with proud reports and exciting stories to share with his brother.....I love listening to them!

As we ate our dinner together, the rest of us got all the details. While watching the excitement I couldn't help but think how great it is that he has a passion so young. Branden is passionate about the game but not the same way Cam is. I wonder if its his position as the second child in birth order that makes him so competitive or if its just his makeup...probably both. He's competitive but in a quiet sort of way....a few years back, his coach named him "Cam "The Quiet Man" Roy" it's perfect...but I still call him my gentle giant. His heart is so big! Even when things aren't so great with Kenna, if asked how much he cares about her, he'll say with conviction that he loves her and he's usually the first at her side when some thing's gone wrong.

I have a photo of my boys from when they were much younger. I didn't take it....and the photographer wasn't even going to show it to me....luckily it was a quick modeling session and he gave me access to all the proofs from it...my boys are simply sitting side-by-side...looking at each other and laughing...giggling at something silly that only boys would find funny. I treasure that photo - it's exactly who they are.


Though these two brothers just met....they have a lifetime of learning about each other. My wish for them is they are always this close.

As always Heather & Ja, it was great spending time with you guys and your little men! I hope you like....
Enjoy!
~kel~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always more than just getting our pics done with you, we more enjoy being able to spend time with you!!! I love how cody is so comfortable with you and so enjoys coming to see you, I hope Jaden will be the same. Thanks for capturing exactly what we want but would never be able to do it how u do. As always, we love you!! Ja, Heather and boys

matsmom said...

Kel, your creativity never ceases to amaze! love the baby lying on big bro's back looking at the camera - amazing!
love the new blog look, yeah - it looks like your style now!
thanks for putting the boys of winter on the sideline for me :-)

SnapshotsbyClare said...

Kelly~ It was so great meeting you today! Your work is stunning :) I adore the shot with the brother on the back~ so precious!!

Sitemeter