Thursday, April 23, 2009

My morning.....

I regularly get kisses and hugs, I'm not deprived at all....but this morning's hugs and kisses from Makenna are more frequent, longer and more meaningful than usual.

For months she's been asking for a haircut.....short like mine. I'm sure lots of moms can relate...especially with the first daughter....you never want to cut those long locks off, its almost as if the ends are tied to her baby years and you'll lose them forever. I've given her many trims over the years so I know those baby hairs were trimmed off long ago...but to change her look completely was where I struggled. I knew she'd look cute....but worried she'd cry that she looks like a boy with her hair cut short. Just minutes before I cut, she said "what if they laugh at me"...it really bothers me that at this young age she is worrying about getting teased. I told her I would do whatever she'd like - cut or no cut, she looks beautiful to me. She confirmed it was what she wanted and she prepared herself by wrapping the cape around her neck. The moment I made the cut and showed her the ponytail was no longer attached, she shrieked with happiness.....no going back now!
This morning she appeared in my bed, woke me with a kiss on my cheek. When I looked at her, her smile was huge - I commented "You like it?" She replied...."I love it!!"

Just a short bit ago I heard her talking to the dog: "Jack, its me....Makenna....do you recognize me....I know I look different but it really is me." She thinks she's completely unrecognizable and her happiness is making my heart smile.

Its the little things......

Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Jenn said...

She looks adorable!

Hickster

Sitemeter