Monday, April 27, 2009

What a weekend!!!

We had a relaxing week off from school....lots of play dates, overnights and some shopping for warm weather clothes. It ended with us opening the camper for the season. It feels like its officially summer when we open camp and I noticed the kids struggled just a bit getting back into the swing of the school routine this morning. The weekend here in Maine was amazing with warm temps and sunshine the entire stretch. It seemed the cold weather was lingering so long. We decided to take a ride to the beach for pier fries (with lots of vinegar) and a Bill's pizza. It got chilly when the sun went behind the clouds so as soon as we finished eating, we decided to take a drive along the coast.


We stopped for a quick visit on the sand but the wind was just making it too cool for the sundresses and shorts, even though we had sweatshirts...poor Marleigh's teeth chattered. I grabbed this shot as we were all piling back into the car. The seagul flew into the shot at perfect time, I love how he adds to it (I think you can click on the photos to see them enlarged....sure, save them for desktops if you'd like!)
On our way back through, we drove past a cemetary that is famous for their Daffodils in the spring. I asked Jean to take a drive through....so glad I brought my camera......



love this path......and Ms. Marleigh has agreed that for ONE ice cream cone, she would walk down it for me!!! I'll keep you posted!!


I'm back on track today - I love my routine!!

Enjoy!

~kel~

2 comments:

Debb said...

beautiful, just beautiful.......

Anonymous said...

ooh, I'd like to join you on that path. I'd have to pay Mary one ice cream cone too.

Sitemeter