Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just do it......

So, you know, I have this friend.......an old friend....a friendship that goes back as far as one can, into my early childhood. I met Diane in my kindergarten class, in the basement of the Cousen's Memorial School in Lyman, Maine.....a small, cute school that is still filled with children today.



Di remembers those days better than I do....rather than the other relationships I made that year, I remember the blow-up letter "H" and just how much hair it had hanging off it. The teacher kept him high on a shelf as all the children were as infactuated with his hair as I was. Di and I were fast friends and though in the years that followed, we would sometimes drift away and spend time with other friends, we always came back to hang with each other. We even attended a trade school for the travel industry together after high school....we lived in the big city of Pittsburgh and boy do we have stories to tell!!




We've been through the gamut together.....bad boyfriends, great parties, weddings, and funerals. Di lost her mom to breast cancer when we were kids and she was there for me when my Dad passed too. Recently she's learned her dad has been diagnosed with cancer....another tough road to go down but I'll be there for her every step. I've been bugging her for months, since the birth of my idea to create a father/daughter book to please let me have a photo of her with her dad for the book. She finally asked him and it worked out perfectly as she helps me at my photo specials and he was kind enough to make the trip into the studio for this shot......

Mr. C and Diane, thanks so much for letting me have this one for the first page of my book!!! I know Di HATES to have her photo taken so this means a lot to me!

For those reading this.......if you don't have updated photos of your loved ones, what the heck are you waiting for? You never know what tomorrow holds.....stop saying "someday" or "when I lose weight or get a tan". It doesn't have to be a professional photograph (though I'd love to help if you'd like my assistance).....just do it and get that photo!!!
Enjoy!
~kel~
PS: Lise, thanks for the compliments on my blog changes......glad you like them! I was craving something different and think its a nice change. I'm getting on those boys about updating the blog...sports are keeping their time at the pc to a minimum these days! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Diane and her Dad. You brought tears to my eyes as I read this today.

Anonymous said...

This is so touching....I WISH so much that I had done a photo like this with my dad. What a special moment between father and daughter!

Australian Labradoodles of Coastal Maine said...

I love your new look for your blog! Thanks for stopping by yesterday :)
talk soon

Sitemeter