Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday, October 3, 2008

Dear Journal,

Today I'm feeling better. Yesterday I had a bit of dizziness that lasted into the evening. My mom was kind enough to watch Marleigh most of the day. I did photograph a preschool and did just fine but I felt that I needed to come home to rest after. The children were so sweet. Some of them remembered me from last year and one boy was ready for the runway with his assorted poses.....soo cute!


Last night I got a call from one of my seniors. She says she loves the photos I did of her and she thinks she looks beautiful in them...it made me feel great to know I was the one behind the lens!


The furnace smells funky. It started last night and we weren't going to let the boys sleep downstairs in their new bedroom because the smell was so strong. Jean called Chris (our friend the burner man) and he said he'd come first thing this morning to fix it so we shut it down for the overnight. It was a bit chilly here this morning but we're all up and moving around now and it feels fine. I'll be glad to see Chris....its been a few months since I've seen him and we always find plenty to chat about.


This weekend we are going to make a last ditch effort to close the camp. Last weekend the weather was poor so we couldn't finish then. Robyn and I are going to try to really enjoy this chilly last weekend and we're hoping a few fancy drinks will help make it feel more like a summer night than these bitter cold ones we are coming into! I'll bring my camera just incase a memorable moment occurs!


Makenna made some beautiful drawings at school yesterday....the kind I treasure. She loves rainbows...and though there were several pages of them, I chose this one as my favorite. I think I will get it matted and framed for my office. Sometimes I question whether I am making good choices when it comes to raising my kids and certainly I'm not perfect. When I see she's drawing like this, I know she's happy inside and that helps me feel like a better mom. It's such a hard job!

She also came home with another drawing...though I'm not proud of its caption, I'm feeling okay. Making the decision to get done with my transcription business and focus on my family and photography, which really makes me feel complete and happy, was a tough decision for me. I was working so much and the kids were missing me...I knew it but having that income was something we needed too. I didn't think they noticed I was working so much.....but they did (who was I kidding!) Like I said before, I'm not fond of the caption but it has changed now....my focus is them....my time is spent with them and now I do love my work!
I'm not sure whose little red dog that is in the picture.....she and her brother are in the "we need a dog" club together.


It's Friday so I hope to live in the moments of it with Marleigh and soak up my time with her. We have a few errands to run but my plan is to start packing for Disney while she naps. It's only 13 days away and since we are out of our summer clothes now, they are all cleaned and ready for the suitcases. I can't even believe we are going! I get knots in my stomach when I imagine their faces. It will truly be the trip of a lifetime for us!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter