Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One more post for Weds 10/22

Well, I don't know if this is where it all begins for everyone but for me.....this trip meant getting my girls....because they still live in a wonderland of make-believe.....to see the princesses from the stories they've read and seen on TV. I wanted so much to see their faces when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom and saw that big beautiful castle for the first time. The first view wasn't as overwhelming as the crowd they had to conquer to see it for the first time. I do have photos of us that first time....but since these were on my camera from yesterday, I wanted to start here.


A traditional photo, yep.......but this copy is for MY scrapbook!

When you are the big sister, you guide your baby sister through the streets to get to that big mansion in hopes you MIGHT get to see a princess on this visit.
And when those sidewalks clear (which is rare) for a few seconds, you dance and twirl with delight in the dresses you wore just for this special occasion.....arms are covered with your brand new, full length white gloves and sparkely purse, the perfect shade of blue to match your gown while your best pal in pink is waving her magical wand....all gifts from your grandmother....just for this moment.

This visit was much more relaxed. We took our time entering....the boys went to the rides they wanted to go on and mom and I hung back at the park entrance with the girls to see Snow White greet her fans. The girls were so cute with each princess they met.....their reactions were exactly what I hoped for.

We happened upon the show at the castle and got to see all the princesses at one time....Marleigh was awestruck!

It was a fabulous trip!!!

I'm off to bed - still feeling like I'm in a plane and dying to sleep in my own bed!

Thanks everyone who has commented here or sent me emails they've missed me! Its a warm feeling and makes homecoming that much better!

Until tomorrow!!!

~kel~

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I got goosebumps when I saw Marleigh and Makenna dancing on Main Street. Sounds like you did get your "magical trip". I am staying posted to hear about the rest of it. Do share!

Sitemeter