Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Where in the world is Kelly Roy?

Ha.....She's working her fanny off editing, organizing, picture taking and chasing a blonde monster around.

I apologize for posting late - I know this read sometimes goes with your morning coffee and now it looks like it might be lunch before I get this online but I actually had to prioritize the work before the blog today. It's getting to be crunch time and I don't want to leave any stones unturned before my vacation.
STUDIO NEWS:
I do want to make one last mention about my Christmas Special on the 9th. I have not mailed out my formal note to those on my mailing list yet (if you want to be on it, please email me so I can update it and you will get future newsletters and invites from me) and I only have a few session times left (mid-day). If you were thinking you'd like to come see me for your Christmas cards/portraits, please give me a hollar as soon as you can...I'm sending out my letter Friday if these last few spots aren't taken by then. Its a great special....though I haven't decided what the set will be (you trust me, don't you...remember I'm a simple kind of gal) I can tell you its going to cost $35 and include a free 5x7 print!


Also, as we approach the chilly months of October and November I will shoot outside until the weather is just too cold (below freezing) but if you want me on-location for your an outside Christmas card photo or even just cold weather sessions, please contact me as I'm booking a few weeks in advance and finding weekend appointments are becoming sparce.

HOME:
Makenna seemed to have a nice birthday...notice I say that vaguely. She acted odd all day! Strangely shy and it was coming across as rude (to me). I didn't like it and though I did talk to her briefly about how I didn't care for it, I did not harp because I haven't been 6 in many years and I am realistic about how overwhelming the expectations she was feeling can be. I'm noticing that she is affected by how others treat her (school) way more than the boys ever were. Here are a few from her little party last night and even if she was a pill, I know she was thrilled that people came to celebrate. I think having her sister (who was totally animated) kept her distracted in a good way.


I hung streamers in the doorway to her bedroom and she loved swimming through them. I asked her for a photo as she was going off to bed but the threat of showing them on the blog gets me the strangest looks.....

Enjoy!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter