Monday, October 13, 2008

My boy, his friend & family

I had plans to photograph Branden's best friend's family so I decided it would be okay to take him along. We left early and stopped in the field near our home....the sun was milky and perfect. He looks so much like Jean in these it makes my heart stop. I don't usually see it in everday life....just when I look at him through the camera....the similarities amaze me. He has my green eyes but that's all he has of mine. He's such a great kid.....I'm so lucky to be his mom. He is thoughtful and sincere. This weekend he fell while riding his bike and scraped his hand pretty bad. I had to wash the cut and actually use tweezers to remove some dirt that imbedded in it - he was so tough - he cried softly so as not to move as I did my best to clean him up. When I was done wrapping him up, he hugged me and thanked me for taking care of him......that's my boy....any girl who gets him will be as lucky as me!

He really wanted photos with his guitar.....though not my favorite pose....its him.
Here he is with his best friend Sean. They have a nice friendship....since they were in Kindergarten together.

I stopped Sean's family at the field to take a few photos in the tall grass. I thought it would be fun and I got a few neat ones of them all lined up on a log - I will show that one another time. With a family that is mostly teens, I think a photo with them all in their own space is appropriate...its where they are at in their lives right now.....all discovering who they are.

The beach grass was a beautiful backdrop for this family shot. I did individuals of all the kids too....all so good looking!!! Jenny, hang on to your baby.....I sooo know that feeling!
Here they are - a fun one!!! Jen, thanks for choosing me as your photographer!!

A lonely flower from the field drying up in the fall air. I love this photo....I think I'll get a big one for my bedroom wall!

Today I am wrapping up the seniors who have deadlines while I'm away.....I did mention I'm going away, right?

Enjoy the day!

~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. How do you get such great focus on your family shots? I really struggle with that.

Sitemeter