Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Vacation Day 3

The big day....truly! Magic Kingdom here we come!!!

The day started with a character breakfast at Chef Mickey.....as you can see, Marleigh was not shy about holding the characters close. It was neat because we were the last table in the room they visited and they would sit at our table to sign the autograph books and the kids thought that was "cool".
Branden impressed me so much. He's at a hard age - 12 - where he's on the verge of becoming a teenager and I wasn't sure if he would find some parts of this as hokey. He didn't want the autograph book (I knew he'd be way past that stage) and I wasn't sure if he'd get into the pin trading but he really did once he saw the Haunted House series. He was excellent about keeping things real for the girls. Makenna thought it was awesome but Marleigh thought it was all real....being with her made it "magical" for all of us! This morning she is wearing sleeping beauty dress again and singing "Just imagine...." (that's all she knows so she just repeats those two words over and over again twirling around the house so that her dress swings out around her). Oh, I got out of the shower this morning and heard her having a total melt down for Jean. She was so upset and acusing him of putting her "sparkely sleeping beauty dress" in the wash. While listening to her melt down is the pits, how she says things is so funny.
Here its......my favorite photo from the entire week......I'm going to print it big for Makenna's room. It makes my heart happy......I even love that there is another family in the background having their photos taken in front of the castle...and my girls are obviously on a "mission" to see it a little closer. Big brother Branden is leading the way....aaahhhhh....maybe nobody else sees what I see....but that's okay....its special to me. Jean, we did it!! Since they were babies....we talked about visiting Disney World, the happiest place on earth. Now I can scratch it off my bucket list! :)
I only did one ride with the big kids....Splash Mountain! I was determined to get there again...I remembered it fondly from our honeymoon. We laughed the hardest and you know how sometimes you have a moment and you think to yourself "I never want to forget this" that's what Splash Mountain was for me. I remembered the tranquil ride watching the animated creatures and how the drop into the water was a complete surprise....Loved it and I hope I never forget that memory!
Lots of the photos I am showing from the Disney trip are taken with Jean's little pocket camera - carrying my big one was too cumbersome. Before we left for Disney, I took all the cameras and the cam corder and downloaded the clips to my harddrive at home so we would have plenty of space for the week. I watched a few of the video clips and was completely embarrassed at how nasty I came across in them. Jean is always chasing me around with the camera and I avoid talking to him on it because I dont like how I look. Watching those clips was just what I needed to see...no more will I run from the camera! I don't want my kids or their kids to see me as a nasty person...Im not like that! From now on, I vow to turn "on" when the camera does.
Jean and Cam were in front of us and he turned to take this photo. I'm so glad he did....I was truly living in the moment and enjoying the time with the kids....
and....without that first one, you'd never get the full impact of this AFTER shot. I got soaked! Luckily I outgrew my 80's BIG hair with 20 pounds of hairspray and this flatter bob style was easier to comb off my face. And look at Makenna's face!! She must have been wondering if there was more of THAT to come! LOL!
Jean took the kids on the roller coaster (cant remember the name)....the boys were so into all those crazy rides. It's priceless to me!
Well....I'm off. I have a shoot this morning and I haven't had my breakfast yet.
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter