Monday, October 27, 2008

Our vacation - Day 2

Day two, our first day waking up in Disney, I decided that as much as I wanted to get the girls to the Magic Kingdom, I didn't want the other parks to seem "dull" after that so we did Epcot the first day. Here's that famous photo spot when you walk through the gates! LOL....thanks for taking it Mom...everyone needs one of these for the scrapbook! You have to know that I am NOT a sneakers wearing kind of girl so I felt sorta clumsy and though I should have felt athletic....I wasn't liking the look at all! I was comfortable and that was all that mattered with all that walking.
When we got there, it was still pretty early in the day and I saw a place where the characters were going to be hanging out....so we got in line. We waited 45 minutes (we girls separated from the boys who wanted thrills and chills - we just wanted Mickey and Minnie). We met a nice man and his boys from Israel in the line - I think that amazed me so much - all the nationalities that come together for the sake of their children. Some did not speak English but it didn't even matter....we were all having fun and the smiles made us relate to each other. This man did speak English and shared with me that he and his family had been traveling the USA for four months. He didn't have any family to visit - just wanted to see the States.
Marleigh was cute waiting to see Mickey. Sometimes the line would move just right and she'd get a glimpse of him....the girls were adorable waiting so patiently. As we got up to their turn, we could see that not only was Mickey there, we would get pics with Pluto too! As we moved on to Pluto, there was Minnie...and Donald...and Goofy too!! Our 45 minute wait turned into a goldmine of characters! I was delighted for the girls!! Goofy was last in the series and the cast member/helper look at me and said quietly...you might want to walk that way, I think there's someone special around the corner. We walked over to the hallway and there was Belle with only a few little girls waiting to see her. My girls were in awe....there she was, right there in front of them....the beautiful lady from the movie....and she was lovely! I admired how she acted so professional and princess-like. She moved with grace and her hands were posed just like in the cartoons! Maybe I should have had my photo with her too!!
Makenna was a bit stiff when it came to posing with the princess....but Marleigh cozied right up!
Before we arrived at Disney, Makenna lost an earring so when we were kicking around in the gift shop the morning we left for Epcot, I bought Makenna Mickey earrings and a necklace for Marleigh...she was delighted with it.
We split the day and went home around noon to give the girls naps. We rested a bit (the boys stayed at the park longer). When they returned, we had dinner at O'hana (a Hawaiian restaurant) and then ventured back to Epcot for the light show. We didn't spend nearly as much time there as we should have....but we didn't push ourselves to exhaustion and I'm feeling good about that!

Marleigh is really into her princess dresses now more than ever. Today she is dressed in Snow White....yesterday she was Sleeping Beauty. We took the kids for an ice cream yesterday and I let her wear the dress - luckily its Halloween time so not many question why she's dressed up....but everyone comments how lovely she looks....she eats it up!

Update on Mr. Freeze (my brother from yesterday's post).....he won second place....which was a cash prize of $150 this year. I wonder what he'll do next year....sure hope I'm there to help him get ready again!!

Well...so much to do today now that everyone is back to school and Jean is back to work.

Enjoy it!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter