Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm up....I'm up!

It felt so good to sleep in my own bed last night! As much as I love my darling husband, I do not like to sleep so close! I've grown very accustomed to our king sized sleep number bed and sharing a double for a week was hard for both of us.


This morning Makenna was the first one up, dressed and out the door for school. We gave the kids the option of going to school or resting this morning and the boys chose the latter. Kenna mentioned a few times this week how much she missed school......so she was anxiously waiting for that bus at 7:30! I printed her the photos I put on the blog last night and sent her on her merry way.


So you thought the pre-Disney trip posts were nauseating, well....be prepared....I took HUNDREDS of photos and I plan to share some of my favorites over the next few weeks. Marleigh was so anxious to meet Donald Duck.....look at the love in her eyes! This was at a safari breakfast at Animal Kingdom.
Here are more photos from the show at the castle.....love my zoom lens. I was cursing the size of the camera while there but I am SO glad to have these treasures today! Isn't it funny how you return from a trip like that and it sorta seems like it was all a dream. I talked to a woman yesterday who lost her camera five days into her trip (on that safari ride where the bus bumps you up and down on your tailbone) and I cannot even imagine the loss she will feel when she returns home without any photos at all!!!!
Marleigh decided that she loves Cinderella but Sleeping Beauty was a rare and beautiful sight too with all that long blonde hair!
I still love Mickey and Minnie most of all!!!!

This was the first time Marleigh really got a good look at Captain Hook and called him "that hook guy" after the performance. She was on a mission to have another look at him so when the parade came around later that day and he was right in front of us, she was so cute pointing him out to Jean.
We stayed at the Pop Century resort. They have three pools there and have a lifeguard on duty at each one most of the day. They were lifeguards that took their jobs seriously.....actually patrolling the pools. While waiting for the laundry (yep, I did laundry there) Makenna had to report to one of them that a little girl had pooped in the pool and she could see it. He took her serious, assessed the situation, determined that yep....possible poo in the pool....called for backup and in no time, along came two other lifeguards to confirm. They shut the pool down and the process of cleaning began....Mom and I were completely amused watching the system work while we waited for the clothes to dry. (it's the little odd things that make up the memories of a trip like this).


Well, I am going to go back to sifting through email's, orders and the pile of mail my in-laws were kind enough to pick up for us a few times while we were away. I can't believe how much mail we get! I had just over 100 emails to go through and only about 20 of them were junk that got immediately deleted.
Enjoy the day!!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter