Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A new momma & Our Vacation - Day 4

I'm gonna be a great aunt! My niece is expecting her first baby.....soon! She's a young mom and I wanted to give her portraits that are casual and relaxed like her. I tossed in a few tender low-key black and whites for her memory book. It will be good to hold a newborn again...if she lets me!
If you know someone expecting, please give them my name....it is a pleasure for me to capture expecting moms and new babies too!


I still have days like this.....wishing one day I'd wake up to find I'm having another.....don't get me wrong, I do not long for another....just some days I "wish" I could be blessed again. Marleigh keeps me real though....she's three now and as lovely as she is one minute...the next her head is spinning completely around and she's practically oozing green stuff like that possessed little girl in the horror movie. After having four kids, I can tell you this...because I have seen it in every one of them...there is no such thing as terrible two's when you get to the thrills of a three year old!
Best wishes to my girl....I'm here for ya!
Next: Our vacation - Day 4:

Happy 12th Birthday Branden!!! We booked the SciFi Restaurant at Hollywood Studios for dinner so that's where this day took us. The morning was spent with the group split again...the boys went to Universal and the girls hung back to give Burgah a nap and prepare for the nightlife again. Mom and I just loved the nights so much better we found it very easy to find time to "relax" that day waiting for evening to come. I decided to toss some clothes in to wash (the pile was already taking over the room!) This was the day that Makenna was a "Mouskateer" and reported the pool incident - see "pool closed" the sign behind her? She and I ventured off and took photos of the hotel....Next to our pool is a giant walkman radio (four stories high) and a pile of floppy discs (also four stories high). Our staircase was hidden behind a giant rubix cube and across the courtyard from our room was a four story Roger Rabbit (wanna see pics? I've got them....just spared them for this post because they are on the Disney website too).We met the guys at Universal....it worked so great because Jean and the Boys wanted to ride every ride and they were constantly on the go. The girls just weren't into that fast pace - it wore them down so quickly. It was good we travelled in groups. When we met up with them, it was just in time for the street parade (so cool to jump right into all that excitement) and Jean already had show schedules planned out and how things would work before we had to go to dinner. Indiana Jones....Darth Vader (I saw it but I didn't pay attention) and we just didn't have enough time for Kenna to get her face painted before our reservation time. Here they are...Branden making sure we dont miss a thing....Kenna pretending to read (copying Branden) and Cameron with his "let me know what's going on next" face and Marleigh...watching them prepare for the street parade.
Dinner at the Sci-Fi....what can I say.....interesting! The boys loved it....that's all that matters. The waitress was spectacular....she took this photo of us. See that man over there next to Branden in the red shirt? It was his birthday too and when he heard it was Branden's, he came over and gave the boys anytime fast passes to get onto the Tower of Terror....guess you know what we did when we finished eating! They had already been on that ride but not with full stomachs.....FUN!!!! The generosity of strangers is amazing! Thank you man in the red shirt and the waitress (who provided Bran with a free dessert to celebrate) for making my boy feel special on his day!
This photo is a blur because I had to shoot at such a low shutter...but its such a cool sight I had to attempt it....I'm just not a steady hand. See how tiny the people in the shop are...if it doesn't make you seasick to try to find them.

Here are my little darlings enjoying the nightlife.....party girls!
The night ended around 10 PM when we got home and ready for bed. Branden remembers his time of birth from reading his baby book a few years back. At 10:10 PM I always make sure to whisper my birthday wishes to him....I invited the kids into my bed for a photo explaining to Branden that even though they weren't there when he was born...they are here now and we could update his book. So here we are, just like a hospital photo....my boy in my arms and his siblings squeezed into my tiny bed. Shortly after this, the girls were already asleep, Goofy called to sing Happy Birthday to Branden.....it was a special day! ~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter