Sunday, October 26, 2008

I shot this awesome family yesterday!

That sounds bad! I have had permission to shoot beside this old barn for quite some time and when Christine called me and said she didn't care where we went because she trusted me...I was psyched. I originally wanted this old red barn I've spoted but I haven't gotten permission from the owners yet so I decided this gray one would be just as good.

This family was one of the first families I did a few years back when I was getting serious about photography. I was so happy to hear from her again and I really was looking forward to this shoot.
See why....they are all pretty people and I have to give Christine credit on the color scheme...awesome or what!?!It's great when I photograph a family more than once. I think the kids are more comfortable because they know me and that I'm really not as scary as I look. I don't go overboard....when I know I've got some great shots, I end the session on a happy note so I don't make the experience unpleasureable for the littlest members.


When the session was over, I went to pick the girls up at my moms. She was at my house earlier in the day (having withdrawals from not seeing the kids for two days) and we arranged for her to take the girls while I was working. When I got there, my brother and his girlfriend were getting ready for a halloween party. I don't know why but every year, by chance, I just happen to be at the house when they are getting ready and I become the makeup artist for Bryan's costume....which is always well planned. I was so happy that I was there again.....we got him all made up into Mr. Freeze (a villan) in hopes that he could take home a first place prize of $500. Last year he went as Mr. T and took second place to a guy who went as a snowmobile transformer.
Kimmie borrowed a great costume from her aunt. She was a plump old woman who carried around this sign that said "Reward for lost puppy" and when she turned around, the pup was stuck in her bottom! So funny!

Well, Vacation Day 2 will be continued tomorrow...client sessions, etc. will always come first with the trip as a filler.

Enjoy the day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter