Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More Marleigh

Yesterday, early noon, the skies provided the perfect conditions for photographs! I took the opportunity to take some candids of Marleigh....again. I'm sure some are tired of looking at her but she's where I spend a good part of my days and I never want to forget how sweet she looks, acts and talks. I got so many great photos from this session that I didn't even know where to start as far as sharing them....might have to make a slideshow to share all the great memories I captured.

This jacket and hat are hand-me-downs from my cousin - she gave me some great pieces for Makenna and I have kept them all to pass to Marleigh. I'll send her a copy of this so she can enjoy it again.





And....how do I do it, you ask...........................

Mom's secret weapon (2 packs - one for the shoot, one for me after!)

Makenna has a birthday coming up next week. She just announced to me..."Mom, my birthday is in 6 days!" I said..."Wow, its coming fast, I haven't even gotten you a present yet. Would it be okay if I didn't get you one this year?" Her reply: "No, it's not okay. I want presents. Everyone likes presents." So...I guess I better get shopping! Last night we met her Godmothers out for a birthday dinner at the Olive Garden (her favorite place to eat). They were so good to meet us last minute. I discovered the other night that Jean and the boys have to be at hockey evaluations the night of her birthday so it will be a low-key get together and as I was inviting my gals out for a night of dining, I thought....I should bring Kenna along as a treat (wasn't thinking about her birthday) but I was so glad she got the chance to celebrate with them! My friends are the best gift I can give my girls.....I want them to surround themselves with the kind of sisterhood we have.

They bought Kenna a pink camouflage rolling backpack (she REALLY wanted one) and some clothes for Florida......she is delighted with them!! They also arranged to have a cake delivered to her at the table....she was completely embarrassed when they came singing to her and hid her face in my arm. But you know.....she did NOT stop talking about the evening the rest of the ride home and could not wait to tell Jean and the boys! She's ready to go this morning with her backpack stuffed with goodies! Thanks Lisa, Diane and Tracy.....you guys are the best!!!!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter