Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Back to the vacation!

I only have one more vacation day to post after this one ..... the trip is going by much slower this way! Those who are tired of my vacation story are all saying: "Thank goodness its almost over - bring on the complaining about the snow again!"
I found a Disney font that I'd forgotten I had....yippie! I've got to get my book started so I can have all kinds of fun looking through it again!
Marleigh has a pocket book addiction (already). She likes little purses with lots of bling. We didn't bring one on vacation with us but I found one in a store for cheap (they were discontinuing them so I lucked out)...but....once you have the purse, you need "stuff" for it. Mom took her into a little store and got her a tinkerbell cell phone and we put a little lipstick in there for her too. She was so funny walking around with that lipstick all around her mouth. When I finished taking the kids photos with the characters, she ran to get her phone and took photos of them too. She was constantly taking our pictures on the buses and in the parks....people would stop and giggle at us all posing for her fake camera.....I liked telling people "its because we all look a lot like tinkerbell!" (the photo on the inside of the phone). Her make-pretend is so awesome....today she is an ice skater! Yesterday we tried to find a blue Cinderella dress like Makenna's in Marleigh's size but the Christmas Tree Shop was sold out of them so she settled for a cute little pink skater outfit. She's half dressed and it makes me chilly to look at her, but she's happy twirling and dancing!!
I thought I'd spare seeing the same photos repeated and did these in a collage because I wanted to show how cozy Marleigh was with all of the characters! She just snuggled right in for that photo and had no problem with shyness.....I'm so thankful for that - I hear such sad stories (and we saw a few too) about kids who are afraid of the characters. I think the only thing Marleigh disliked about Disney was how loud the shows were. She would sit with her ears covered. If you are going to Disney with little ones, consider purchasing ear plugs before going.....the shows are spectacular but loud!
Here's my photo of the Tree of Life....cause you know I'm all about the artistic side of this (carvings) and I'm drawn to the things with "meaning".....I know....I'm so DEEP! I was so glad this shot came out so well - I am able to crop in close to see more detail than I ever could from where I was standing.
We went on that back-breaking safari ride with an awesome guide who drove like a madman and made it so much fun for the boys! It was bumpy and sometimes scary - the rickety bridge was meant to scare us and when I looked back over it from the last seat on the bus, it was definately rickety and scary! Its the same ride that a lady I talked to who had lost her camera on...five days into her trip! I felt so bad for her! I was happy to get home and see that I got some descent photos anyway....through all the bumping and bruising going on. Got this one of a lion laying on a rock...I named her Nala from the Lion King movie. I called her but she wouldn't look at me.
I got this clear one of the giraffe - we must have slowed down a bit here because its fairly sharp without much blur! I love the giraffes...maybe because they are so uncommon....maybe because they are tall and thin...something I'll NEVER be!
The boys and Jean did the Everest ride and got shirts to prove it! Okay...so the shirts were on the clearance rack too - they were being discontinued because they had new designs coming in (the nice boy from India shared that with me - I tried to keep him talking because it was interesting to listen to his accent).

The day ended with a dip in the pool and PB&J sandwiches in bed.

AHHHHH Vacation!!!!!!

Enjoy

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter