Monday, November 10, 2008

Sorry 'bout that....

I had a full day of sessions at the studio yesterday so I left very early and when I returned home again, it was still all business getting the photos off the camera and saved. I'm back to blogging this morning with photos from my weekend to share.


Saturday my mom was kind enough to keep ALL the kids overnight (again) while we attended a benefit dance for Cure for Cancer with benefits going to Camp Sunshine a local children's camp for kids with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Five bands donated their time and the people came out in droves.....it's awesome to see people come together for a great cause! We went with my brothers and had a really great time. I brought Jean's little pocket camera and took a few snaps with it. Though they are a bit blurry, I had the best results when I turned the flash off.

Look at this cute couple.... :P

This morning was the first time I got to see Marleigh since Saturday when we left her at Meem's house. We don't have lots of times apart and I left her crying for me. Though I know its a stage she's in, it aches a little to leave her like that. We have definitely grown closer since the start of school.....its just as I planned! This morning she slept a bit later than usual and I found I was anxiously waiting for her to get up. I needed to squeeze her! She's been awake less than 30 minutes and I've held her in my arms most of that time....its a perfect fit! I can tell she's missed me as much....as she sits in my arms its like we can't get close enough....she looks up at me then snuggles in more, I hold her a bit tighter...another glance at me and I feel her crawl closer to my face....she presses her cheek to mine....she's craving me as much as I am her. I always describe that feeling as loving them so much I want to eat them up.

I'm off to squeeze my babe some more and then I'll be working on the photos of all the beautiful people I saw yesterday! Thanks much to everyone who attended (stay tuned for a few sneak peeks)!!

Enjoy!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter