Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Boys & Girls.

Taking a break from the business side to talk about boys.....


Boys nearing puberty....(stinky creatures.....but I love them)....and the obsession they have with sticks. Mine are now into "carving"! When I think of carving, I have visions of them quietly working on small figures with intricate details and carefully carved faces....they bring them to me beaming with pride...something I can proudly display upon the windowcil above my kitchen sink...

I went to check on them - making sure there is no blood. Branden knows me well enough to know that if he comes in bleeding the carving will end (he's right).


Out the window.....I look right...........
and then left...............(you can see where this is going)
WEAPONS!!!

Just as I was putting my secret spy camera away, the cries came in the door...."He threw a stick and stabbed my arm"...... "He threw one at me!".........."No I didn't, I gently tossed it"......."No, you THREW it!" Ahhhhhhh the joy of boys.....with puberty comes BIG stories and white lies!!!

Then there's this one.......who in this photo looks like a boy.....but that's my girl!!!! Jean took this for me - Makenna's first day on the ice as an official hockey player was Sunday but I was working. When I saw this photo, I cried.....my little girl is branching out! She didn't think she wanted to play hockey...because it makes her chin sweaty and she doesn't like that. But, as I was standing there with tears in my eyes, she rounded the corner with a HUGE smile and said "I love hockey and I can't wait to play again!" I know....its a dangerous sport....but I refuse to hold them back from trying new things. Its life....they need to live it and experience it and decide for themselves what makes them happy.
She also made me this card......I adore her drawings!!
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter