Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hi!

I'm happily busy getting cards and prints ready for clients to have for the upcoming holiday.


I love it when I'm gone from the computer for a bit and come back to several emails to answer! Sorta makes me feel like I have a real job!

Really quick entry today - I'm off to the studio for an appointment first thing this morning.

My kids are copy paper hounds! I buy a reem of paper and its not around here long with all the artistic people we have in this house. Watercolors, crayons and pencils everywhere....its an art festival every day.....wanna come see my fridge?

Yesterday Marleigh came to me with this paper.....explaining carefully who each person was. This is a milestone...its the first recognizable thing she's drawn!!! I will never forget the first time this happened with Branden. We were driving home from Jean's family reunion in Canada and he had one of those little magnetic tablets, you write on it and then slide the bar to erase it. We had been practicing dot-dot-line to make happy faces and as we were coming back somewhere right near where we could get a good look at Mt. Katadin I heard Bran shriek with excitement...."I did it!" in his little man voice. I looked back, and there he was...so happy he'd finally made his own happy face. I took his photo with the face - its still in his baby book! That moment is as clear to me today as it was that day. Isn't it silly the things your mind won't let you forget. When Marleigh came to me excited and happy she'd made a whole page of happy faces....it brought me right back and my eyes watered for meeting this milestone with her. She proudly explained the names as I labeled them for her and then I wrote her name and the date on the top of the paper so that I could save it for her book. When Branden was in preschool the teacher explained to us the steps of self portrait in a child's eyes. She said they make the faces, add arms and legs off the face but the bodies don't come until they are in grade school. I found that interesting and never forgot it. Having four of them to follow around, its fun to watch for these things!

She's standing here next to me and sees her picture on the screen....she's thinks its so great that its on the compuer....her words: "awwwe, it's sooo cute". She's running to get Cam and Kenna to see it...she's so proud!

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter