Saturday, November 1, 2008

Welcome November!

Well....I thought I'd be nice by welcoming in the new month but truthfully I don't want it to be November.....I'd like to skip right on through to the end of April, please!?!
I forgot to say Happy Halloween yesterday! I know some don't recognize the holiday and celebrate the harvest season instead so Happy Harvest to those folks too!


We do participate in Halloween....always have. In my sweet little town, the businesses on Main Street open their doors to the children early 3-5:00 PM so they can get good and pumped with sweets early enough that when bedtime (7:00 PM) rolls around, they are officially crashing from the high. Its really nice though because the day is still warm enough from the sun....you can see the oncoming faces and for someone like me who is a total social butterfly.....we get to visit with those we normally only seen in passing.

Here is a photo of the whole clan...that Joker on the end is Branden's friend Johan...they always team up for this holiday. In this photo, you can see how big Branden should be based on his peers. He says he's the smallest in his grade and Cam seems to be almost passing him in size. The doc assures us that its normal and he will catch up. Bran isn't bothered by it.....yet. He's pretty athletic and keeps up just fine with the bigger kids....and he's a whip on skates! This was the first year Makenna was scary! She borrowed Cameron's inmate costume and was tickled with it.
I took the kids downtown and in about one hour, they had visited every storefront and had a good start on filling the goodie bags. The politicians took advantage of the daylight hours and shook hands with the adults and offered the kids to "choose" their treats......here's Marleigh taking full advantage of the fact that they were in a bucket on the ground and she could grab her own....while the other kids patiently waited. (love the full skirt - it went completely straight up in the air when she bent over).We went back to Branden's friend's house (he lives on Main St.) and we had some pizza to line our stomachs. We hit the night life on the next street over....they have an awesome haunted house that they tone down for the little kids and kick up for the bigger ones. It was our first time doing this with the kids. Summer Street was amazing.....a party on the entire street! The people in these beautiful grand homes really get into the spirit of the season! The whole family gets dressed up and stand on their big porches handing out candy. Their homes are decorated amazing and the whole community is walking the streets with the kids. I can't wait for next year! I forgot to bring my camera along on this part of our venture.....I kicked myself the entire time! It was a great night!


Wanna meet my new boyfriend?? He's a great conversationalist!And.....he has a smile that warms my heart!

I visited with my friend Jackie yesterday - her baby is already two months old!! I got my fix of baby lovin...feeding.....burping....and.....snuggling him! Jackie, thanks for sharing your little man with me...he's soooo sweet!
Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter