Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family Portraits.....

So, you know my friend Lisa works for the Animal Welfare Society now....and I'm sure you've guessed that I'm more involved with them than I ever thought I would be....considering the only pet we have is Miss Oreo...Queen of the guinea pigs and the best "little ole girl" (Makenna's name for her). Lisa and I are trying to put our heads together to get local families portraits of their pets to adorn the walls of their homesteads....with a small donation to the AWS of course! Will have to be by appointment only because crowds stress me out (ha, if you know me....I hide my stress pretty well). We're working on the dates and the details and if we can get the "board" to approve this as a fund raiser, I'll post the details here. It will be before Christmas so if there are some who LOVE their portraits enough to give them to family, we'll have time to fill orders. (other photographers reading this are saying "She's NUTS"!) yes....I am....but remember.....Im fairly new to this business and I still love it and don't know any better about the month of December! Oh....and on that note....I'm currently hiring Elves to help me with my Christmas shopping..any takers?


Yesterday I had another big family in my studio for portaits. Here are a few I pulled from their files. Its SO hard to do large groups. The lighting the posing, everything is a challenge. I thank them all so much for being so patient and generous with their smiles.

Hey, Maureen....I hope you like this "cozy" photo of you guys! Thanks much for contacting me!

There's nothing like the look of a soulful adolescent! Poor Cody was my target..so cute and sweet...I kept asking him not to give me a Spongebob Squarepants smile...because I was always looking for this...you see why, right?

Here's his sister.....again, she carried that cute, sweet gene that made it hard to decide which photo of her to show here. But I loved her furry vest and pink boots!

This little beauty just had a birthday so mom brought a few outfits so we could get something to make her custom thank-you notes to return to her guests. She wasn't really in a picture-taking mood....but you'd never know it here! I could take photos of little girls in pettiskirts all day long and never get bored! I told her to call me anytime she gets a new dress!
Well, another large family session today....and then a Thanksgiving celebration with Jean's family after.

Enjoy!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter