Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday.

I am really quite jealous of all those folks who are out there shopping....not because I want to be shopping.....I want to be people watching! Maybe next year I'll go be a part of it all! I hope all the shoppers got some great deals and enjoyed watching the crowds!


We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with my family....usual fixin's and good conversation. We are so lucky....we all love to get together and nobody is too far to get home for the holidays. The kids really love seeing each other and the adults enjoy the chatter. I held the baby a good part of the day....I think everyone was too scared to ask me to hand him over....but I personally think that babies belong resting on my shoulder.....they look at home there!


Every morning Marleigh and I stand in the window to wave at the kids as they get on the bus. As we waved to them Wednesday, the princess and I discussed my constant desire to "taste" her. I allow her to stand on the sill of the window as I stand behind her. I like to kiss her shoulders and arms and smell her baby hair. Occasionally, I pretend I'm going to take a bite of her delicious upper arm....its soft and smooth and sometimes I just cannot control myself.

You see what I mean?? "Just a nibble", I say.


She looked at me and said "Mumma, don't bite me". I gave her my saddest Winnie The Pooh face and said: "I was just gonna nibble a bit". She responded to the look on my face...."Oh, okay, you can bite me a little".

The day will come when she won't fit on my windowsill anymore and the desire to "nibble" her will be long gone......but I'll have these photos to treasure and the story I wrote to remember these moments. If I did not blog, I wouldn't be as inspired to capture the little things that make up the days of my life and I'm sure I'd forget them! I want to always remember and share them.

Enjoy!

~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Sooo beautiful.

Sitemeter