Thursday, November 6, 2008

I want to be a princess II!

Now that the chat about the vacation is over, my senseless rambiling continues.....

I think my life is pretty great....besides a home that is too small for all the bodies that live here, there's nothing I would change! Even my small home doesn't bother me that much because most days everyone is gone (except Marleigh and me). It's easy to clean and forces me to purge the junk that I might otherwise be inclined to keep "just in case". This sweet little house is a big part of my life...both past and present. There's a song that talks of how love grows best in little houses and I believe that sharing one bathroom can bring a family closer....the kids can't fight without me hearing the details and the mudslinging....and phone conversations are everyone's business around here! As we watch the housing market change, my yearning for a bigger home gets stronger.....but my head keeps telling me just a few more years here and its paid for and we will have colleges to finance then.


Yesterday, after school, the kids and I ventured out to take our Christmas card photo. I know what I want but its just not happening. I may have to go with one I already have...the stress shows in these! The shorter days are so hard to deal with too! I hate that its dark nearly an hour after they come home from school. I had their clothes ready go to (nothing fancy, I wanted them to look like they do every day so just stain-free shirts and jeans), Branden's shirt was too small, Cameron's pants were too short, Makenna was caught up in the drama of it all and just cried and Marleigh bucked the idea of changing out of her tutu. Is it worth it.....really??? Maybe a snowman or a wreath will adorn the front of my card this year!


I want a life like Marleigh's! Not a care in the world.....she wakes up....goes directly to the dress-up box to find a princess dress and crown to wear...
Last night I asked her to hang up her denim jacket and while the TV distracted her, I got my camera.....oooh to be so carefree!

Enjoy!

~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying your photos, Kelly.

Apparently we have the same taste in furniture, I have the exact same set in my family room :)

Wordslinger

Sitemeter