Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm a Hero......

........in my son's eyes!! What an amazing thing to know! He invited me to a Hero's Celebration at his school yesterday afternoon where he and his classmates gave out awards and certificates to the people in their lives they view as heros. Some of the students honored their grandparents, their older sisters, their twin brothers and most honored both parents. Cameron explained that he didn't want Jean to feel like he had to get the time off work...but I think he was feeling a bit guilty he didn't ask us both to attend. It was so sweet! Mrs. Poulin....you're a fabulous teacher - just ask Cam, he'll tell you so!

He read this about me:
My hero makes me happy, and I love her a lot.
She helps me with math homework and she buys me school supplies when
I need them.
She lets me play with my friends on the days when I have
football or hockey and she gets me winter clothes to keep me warm. She
gives me medicine when I am sick and takes really good care of me. She
lets me stay up until 7:30 and watch TV. She is kind and always nice to
me. I think she is the best mom in the world, that's why she is my hero.
I love you mom!

I know he loves me too - I feel it in his hugs! I know the others love me and their hugs are thoughtful and warm....but when Cam puts his arms around me, its like he melts into me in a special kind of way. For sure, he's "my boy" and I hope he always hugs me like that.

We have had rain the last few days and though its dreary, the temperatures are not bone chilling so I manage to get through the days without complaining. I saw these bright spots in the corner of my back lawn and went to check them out....though they are dying off, it was a delight to see the sunny faces against the crispy brown landscape that surrounds them.

Enjoy the day!

~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter