Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The BEST last day!

The last full day of our vacation was the BEST day! We decided to go back to the Magic Kingdom again as there was still so much we hadn't seen yet. We weren't rushed....we took our time and we moseyed through the park. The boys were already there.....grabbin' thrills of their own and we were going to meet up with them. This was the night the older kids would be trick-or-treating at Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween. I knew it was going to be an early night for Marleigh so we decided to spend the day there until it was time to get her back for bed.

When we arrived at the park, we saw Snow White just there on the right. The girls were thrilled to see her as our first stop in the park. Someone just asked Marleigh if she liked Disney...her reply was "I saw Snow White!" I think when things are relaxed, they are more enjoyable and thus more memorable.
If you're thinking of going to Disney....mid October is a great time to go...and the Magic Kingdom on a Tuesday is a VERY good day to go! Not much crowding during the week! We got to really see the details of the buildings down Main Street!
I don't care if the shrubs are fake....they are still so cool! :)
As we were wandering the streets, we actually happened upon this show at the castle. We saw the people gathering so we joined them knowing something good was to come! It was hot standing in the sun but seeing all the characters and princesses together was excellent. The kindness of strangers fell upon us that day when we stood next to a woman who was pushing a big carriage. She offered for Makenna to stand right next to it so she could have a good view of the show. As Kenna was watching, a tall woman walked right up and stood in front of her. The kind stranger told the woman she was blocking Makenna's view and this was a show for the children and she needed to move to the back! Kenna and I thanked her.
Sleeping Beauty......I STILL want to be her! Though I don't remember it specifically, I'm sure there was a day when I was little when I wanted to be sleeping beauty! At this point, I'd just take her name....but look a this life....sleeping all day in a beautiful pink gown and being awoken by a handsome prince....ahhh, that's the life for me!! No....I quite like my life as it is with my own handsome prince!
Here she is close up (cropped in from photo above).

So after today I will resume my regular nonsense posts about my kids and my ho-hum life. The shorter days have limited my shoot times to weekends and most of them are filled with sessions this month.
Enjoy
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter