Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Don't worry...

I'm doing great....just lots going on....


My cousin brought her son by the studio for his one year portraits yesterday....he's so good natured and easy going, we had fun together. I took oodles of photos...otta be fun trying to find a favorite!
He was so funny...kept looking at me like I was crazy....see this face..."Lady, you're NUTS!"


Oh....we snuck in a few ideas for the Christmas card too! The birthdaysuit ones are pricesless!
Thanks for coming in Mel....I'll see you again soon!

On Monday's the boys do a class at the animal shelter to learn more about the animals there and others around the world...endangered, etc. They have come to appreciate how special it is when a dog or a cat gets adopted. They see the same animals week after week and become familiar with them. Yesterday as we drove into the parking lot, two of the dogs who have been there a while were being walked by families...and it looked promising that they might be going to new homes. Cameron said...."Oh look, their getting adopted...that's so great...it always makes me sad to see them in cages." Last night they didn't come home asking for a pet....first time in weeks. They are lovin' up the animals while we are there (the girls and I always visit the cats before we leave) and I dare say, they get their fill. Oreo gets lots of love when they return.

Yesterday I was asked to photograph the kids with some of the kittens....Makenna and Marleigh were delighted!! They were joined by another little boy who is just as smitten with kittens as the girls are..... this little one was only 5 weeks old.....just Marleigh's size!

Makenna enjoyed one last visit with this very hairy hare....(you can't even tell is a rabbit...its so fluffy) its been adopted and she wanted to pet it one last time.

I think Timmy needs a kitty mom........look at his face!!!
Lots of cats and kittens at the shelter need homes. The dogs are finding homes rapidly with the local press they have gotten with many saved dogs from the southern states coming in but the cats are still waiting. When the girls enter the room, they sit on the floor and all the cats come to greet them, stretching out from their naps and just rubbing up against them for some love and attention. I think you need to check them all out at: Animal Welfare Society.....Oh....and its a go...Im going to be there taking portraits with pets and SANTA on 12/7 from 9-1!! (These will be quality portraits with choices...much like I run my specials....These are not polaroids you take on the fly).

Well, I'm working at home all day today until our scheduled parent teacher conferences for Kenna and Cam tonight. Im happy to be cozy in my home...its nasty outside!!
Enjoy!
~kel~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It just makes me happy!

Sitemeter