Thursday, January 8, 2009

Again....neglecting the blog.....

This morning I flew out of here in a rush and plan to do the same tomorrow. I got together with my gram today and got her all dolled up for the weekend. My aunt got her a giant mirror to set on her kitchen table so she can do her own hair on occasion too. Its still so great that I get to visit with her as often as I do...when she's having an "off" day, I'm one of the first to notice it...it makes me feel connected to her more.


Last night we got another update on Katie....she was moved from ICU to critical care and they removed one of the tubes in her lungs. She was doing much better and would be there another week or so. Today my mother-in-law reports that she's improving so nicely, they were going to send her home in the next day or so but her temp was 103 today so they said she had to stay. I was delighted for Mike & Robin to hear that she would be going home....the stress of living on the road for so long has got to be taking its toll! I know I heard too that recovery is MUCH quicker when done at home so we are hoping that day comes soon. Thanks again everyone for inquiring and following Ms. Katie's struggles. I'll keep ya posted!


Tonight we are having dinner with Jean's work family (actually, I call his work "the mistress" as he seems to enjoy his time there so much). I really am lucky he's happy with his work - he loves what he does and doesn't bring it home with him. Meems is coming over to watch the darlings for us. I'm just thinking....what AM I GOING TO WEAR?? My behind is starting to look like Oreo's...and my wardrobe has been the same for the last 12 years. I really don't own anything "nice" but I'm sure I can dig up some black slacks....I can't even believe I used that word.....I am getting OLD!!!!!!

Well, I'm off to find the "slacks" and something dark to wear with them!
I'll be posting late tomorrow. Oh, and since the shooting info was enjoyed by the photogs who lurk here, I'll try to remember my settings more often....that's how I learned too!!

Enjoy!!!
~kel~

No comments:

Sitemeter